Redmi Note 7 EDL Mode Flash Without Authorized Account
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is a most-wanted device of the year. It sports a 48MP dual-camera setup. It is another level of iteration of Redmi Note 5 (Unbrick Redmi Note 7 Flash File).Unfortunately, being a celebrity of mid-range Android phone does not make it invulnerable to damage. System failure, inappropriate flashing, or simply bad luck could be one of the causes of a bricked device.
Flashing a global stable MIUI ROM on the Chinese Redmi Note 7 variant but getting stuck in bootloop is a good example of bad luck.
[content-egg module=Flipkart template=grid]
This could happen to anyone or anybody including Redmi Note 7 users. No matter what their level of Android knowledge is. Whether they are a novice, an enthusiast, or a flashing maniac.
A long time ago, there is a hack to fix any Xiaomi devices with a locked bootloader. The hack is implementable through a special download mode called EDL. It stands for Emergency Download Mode. Unfortunately, Xiaomi has killed that mode.
Flashing maniacs couldn’t just stand still with reality. They came with another workaround called Test-point mode. This mode is basically similar to EDL but is achievable through connecting two points in the circuit board of the phone. Nowadays, another type of protection has been implemented by Xiaomi. Users who go for EDL Test-point method are no longer able to flash MIUI Fastboot ROM without authorized Mi account.
Currently, there is no universal workaround or hack that works on all Xiaomi devices to bypass this restriction.
Luckily, several hacks have been available for certain devices including Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 codename Lavender.When we talk about Redmi Note 7, it refers to all of its variants but not Redmi Note 7 Pro codename Violet. There are basically three variants of this device: China, India, and Global. The first two variants are obvious. The last one, however, refers to the device released in any other countries except the first two.
All of its variants have the same specifications except the Indian one. Redmi Note 7 India comes with an only 12MP+5MP camera setup, while China and Global variant come with the 48MP+5MP camera setup. This workaround is workable on all of Redmi Note 7 variants. Just make sure you use the correct MIUI ROM build for your device Unbrick Redmi Note 7 Flash File.
Redmi Note 7 Stock ROM Firmware Free Download
Size: 618.6 KB
- Windows computer either a PC or a Laptop. Windows 8/8.1/10 64-bit is recommended.
- A USB data cable. Make sure it’s a data cable and not a charging-only cable.
- Download Xiaomi ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Download Qualcomm QDLoader USB Driver (zip).
- Download Qualcomm QFIL Flashing Tool (zip).
- Download prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.mbn(.mbn).
- Download appropriate MIUI Fastboot ROM for your device (.tgz).
- A tweezer.
How To UnBrack Redmi Note 7
Follow these steps to fix a bricked Redmi Note 7 lavender. Please do not attempt to try it on Redmi Note 7 Pro violet since both have different chipset (and is basically different devices).
- Install Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Driver on your computer.
- Extract Qualcomm QDLoader USB driver. Run the Setup file to start installing the driver on your computer.
- Extract the QFIL tool (QFIL-QualcommFlashImageLoader-v18.104.22.168.zip) file to any folder on your computer. You’ll get a folder called “Qualcomm_Flash_Image_Loader_v22.214.171.124”.
- Extract the MIUI Fastboot ROM .tgz file. Please use the correct build of your phone. Use MIUI Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 7 global variant, use China Stable ROM for the China variant, and use India Global Stable ROM for India variant. Make sure the ROM has ARB4 or simply use the latest version available.
- Copy the prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.mbn to the fastboot ROM folder that you have it extracted previously.
- Remove or unplug the SIM tray of your phone.
- Remove the back cover of your phone. Please be careful since all the wires are still connected. We are going to enter EDL mode through Test-point method. You may need something thin but hard like a credit card.
- Remove the power cable connecting the battery to the board.