A major software update is currently rolling out for the Realme X2 under the version number RMX1901_11.A.19. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie with ColorOS 6. The new update brings the October 2019 security patch. Also, it comes with tweaks to the design of the lock screen clock, date and weather plugins.
The current update also brings dark mode for the device. This same feature is also rolling out for Realme XT with this month’s security patch. Gamers will now have a better gaming experience as the touchscreen firmware version has been updated. The current update adds a switch to switch the flow card.
Changelog Realme X2:
- Add dark mode
- Added realme lab
- Add desktop drop-down to open the notification center function
- Add a new flow card quick switch
- Red dot prompt switch after adding application update
- Remove the blue bar from the status bar after turning on the hotspot
- After removing the root, the red bar in the notification bar prompts
- Charging animation update, showing two decimal places
- Add left and right swipe to delete notification banner window
- Added proactive super night view function
- Optimized after shooting super night scene effect
- Optimize portrait redness
- Optimize some scene AF out of focus
- Solve the problem of recording video jam after turning on super anti-shake
- Solve the problem of Karton when the three-finger operation of QQ speed
- Solve the problem of the low probability splash screen when watching short videos
- After changing the color simulation space setting, the screen color mode cannot be switched to the soft mode problem
- Solve the problem that the dial pad has a low probability of darkening
The RMX1901_11.A.19 update for the Realme X2 is rolling over-the-air. It should reach the devices automatically. However, due to phased rollouts, first, it will drop on a few devices. Later it will be available for other users. This doesn’t mean that you have to keep waiting until it knocks into your device. You can manually search for the update.
Go to device Settings > System Updates. Here you can check for the availability for the latest software update RMX1901_11.A.19. If it shows up, download it using Wi-Fi to avoid any charges for data usage. Also, charge your device battery before installing the new update. Usually, low battery on a phone will not let the update to begin.
Realme X2 Specifications and Features
The dual Nano-SIM supported Realme X2 comes with a 6.4-inches Full-HD+ Super AMOLED display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 1080×2340 pixels resolution, and 91.9 percent screen-to-body ratio. It has a waterdrop-style notch with a slight chin at the bottom. It includes an in-display fingerprint sensor along with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The device is powered by Snapdragon 730G SoC, paired with 6GB/8GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB/128GB of UFS 2.1 storage options. While the storage is expandable via a MicroSD card.
The handset sports a quad rear camera setup which includes a 64MP primary Samsung GW1 sensor with an f/1.8 aperture lens. While the setup includes an 8MP secondary wide-angle sensor (f/2.25), a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP sensor for 4cm macro shots. It has a 32MP selfie sensor at the front side with AI modes.
In terms of the connectivity options, it includes 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, NFC, USB Type-C port, and a 3.5mm audio jack. While the device features an accelerometer, ambient light, gyroscope, magnetometer, and a proximity sensor. It sports a 4,000 mAh battery with 30W Oppo VOOC 4.0 Flash Charge technology. It measures 158.7×75.2×8.6mm and weighs around 182 grams.