How to Fix PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0: PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0 was the reason your game abruptly closed down by itself, according to users of The Witcher 3, The Sims, Fortnite Monopoly Plus and other games. Users reported this issue when starting The Sims or Fortnite; others have reported the problem recurring shortly after restart. Others have reported success after trying restarting again – however most have failed but don’t worry! We have permanent solutions – let’s explore why this might be happening before we investigate why!
Table of Contents
How to Fix the PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0
Due to our investigations, we were unable to pinpoint a definitive explanation for PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0. While we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you below we offer several of the most viable and efficient solution to help solve it.
First, power off and then back up your PS4 system.
Before turning to more complex solutions, we advise beginning with simpler measures. One such measure would be rebooting your console computer; various users have claimed this can solve PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0 issues as it forces power off completely and then back on again after starting up again.
- STEP 1. Close the game and shut down the PS4
- STEP 2. Now disconnect the power chord from the socket
- STEP 3. Now Wait for at least 2 minutes
- STEP 4. Again plug the power chord to the power socket
- STEP 5. Now Start the PS4
- STEP 6. Once the PS4 is turned on run the game and see if the problem still happens.
Bringing the game up to date with the newest version
We suggest checking for game updates if this error persists, as players of Black Ops 3 on PlayStation 4 may receive an error message reading PS4 Error Code: CE-34878-0, though the source of their issue could lie within their game itself following our instructions can help to solve that.
- STEP 1. While PlayStation is running, go to the PlayStation Home screen.
- STEP 2. Now, go to the game that’s giving you trouble and press the controller’s Options button.
- STEP 3. Now, click on Check for updates.
- STEP 4. If there are any updates that need to be done.
- STEP 5. After the game has been updated, try to play it.
To get the most recent features, it’s best to update the firmware.
Outdated PS4 firmware is the second most prevalent cause of the PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0 ps4 pro. You should always use the most recent release. The most recent release has been updated with patches and is now stable. Here are the measures to take in order to upgrade the PS4 firmware.
- STEP 1. While PlayStation is running go to the PlayStation Home screen.
- STEP 2. Now go to the menu called Settings.
- STEP 3. Find System Software Update here and click on it.
- STEP 4. Now, your PS4 will check for the latest firmware on its own.
- STEP 5. If there are any updates that need to be done, do them.
- STEP 6. Once the firmware has been updated, run the game and see if the error still happens.
If none of the solution above worked, try reconfiguring your PS4 from scratch. Before beginning this step it is recommended that all important data on the hard disk be backed up before following these step to fix CE-34878-0 error code on PS4.
- STEP 1. While you’re on the Home screen of your PlayStation. go to the Settings page.
- STEP 2. Scroll down a bit and you’ll see Initialize PS4.
- STEP 3. Now just click on to start the process, and then do what it says on the screen.
- STEP 4. After that you will be able to see that your error has been fixed.
Tips for fixing a variety of problems
If none of the above fixes your PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0 NBA 2k16 error. Please look over the points below.
- Use only the stock hard drive that came with your PS4. Altering its configuration could result in this error; simply opt for using its original model instead.
- Now That There Is No Other Option Available Reach Out to Customer Service: After exhausting every avenue for solving the problem, reach out to customer service and seek assistance as soon as possible.
After reviewing all the material here on How to Fix PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0 you should have an excellent grasp on what’s going on. Use the space provided below to let us know your opinion of our content here and any queries or problems you’ve run into; don’t be reluctant to seek assistance when needed! If any problems arise, don’t be intimidated into submission: Ask for assistance quickly.