Destiny 2 is a free to play multiplayer shooting game availables across various platforms suchs as PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows. Since Destiny 2: Lightfall was released, avid gamers have complained of lags and FPS drops when playing Destiny 2, leading to high ping, latency and latency issues affecting gameplay; most often this results in loss of opponents as actions take too long in-game to take. FPS drops can occur due to settings within Destiny 2, so your PC must meet minimum requirements to run this title successfully.
So if you’re playing Destiny 2 on PC and experiencing frame drops or stuttering issues, this guide is here to assist. There are various tips and tricks you can implement to address the root of these problems; these primarily pertain to graphic settings or computer performance; so let’s dive in! We will cover everything here thoroughly so you have an enjoyable gaming experience when playing Destiny 2.
Table of Contents
- Why Is Destiny 2 Experiencing High Ping?
- Why Do I Need A VPN For Destiny 2?
- How To Fix Destiny 2 Lag, Ping & Connectivity Issues
- Enable Game Mode in Windows 11
- Set the Computer As High Performance Under Power Options
- Wrapping Up
Why Is Destiny 2 Experiencing High Ping?
One of the most frustrating experiences for users when playing Destiny 2 is encountering high latency and lagging issues. A high ping reduces response time significantly, rendering gameplay slow with noticeable delays between your movements or mouse clicks and their effects seen on-screen.
At some point in your gaming, it may become apparent that something is amiss with it. Although developers do their best to fix and update games regularly, lagging and high ping remain persistent issues within games despite attempts at update/fix. Luckily, quick and simple solutions exist which may effectively address why your experience lagging and high ping; such as:
- Ping times depend on your physical proximity to a game server; as soon as the further away you are, more data travels back and forth faster.
- Unstable Internet connections may also contribute to high pings. Issues with your ISP or network congestion could all play a factor.
- High traffic volumes on both your local network and game server’s can result in delays to data transmission, increasing ping times.
- Overloaded servers also cause high ping.
- Applications and devices connected to your internet that consume significant bandwidth will cause an increase in ping. Make sure any unnecessary applications and devices are closed off when gaming to reduce latency.
- Be sure to update the firmware on your router regularly, as outdated firmware can introduce latency and cause instability of connection. Wire instead of WiFi for optimal stability.
- With strict antivirus or firewall settings in place, they could impede communication between your device and game server, leading to higher pings.
Why Do I Need A VPN For Destiny 2?
If you’re experiencing high ping and server issues while playing Destiny 2, investing in a Virtual Private Network may be the answer. VPNs offer fast connections and advanced privacy settings. Therefore, a good VPN for gaming should be prioritized; here are some significant benefits of using one when playing Destiny 2:
Reduced Ping & Latency
VPN can sometimes optimize your internet route to game servers, reducing ping and latency significantly. This feature may come in handy if your ISP offers subpar routing services or you connect to servers located across different regions.
Some games and gaming platforms impose region-based content restrictions; by connecting to servers in various regions around the globe via VPN, however, you are able to gain access to games or services otherwise unavailable to you in your location.
Protection Against DDoS Attacks
VPNs offer protection from Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks by disguising your actual IP address, making it harder for attackers to target you directly. They also boast superior gaming speed that enhances the gaming experience!
Privacy & Security
VPNs encrypt your internet connection, which provides an additional layer of security. It protects your online activities using different security features and robust encryption protocols. Third parties cannot intercept or decipher your data, and the chances of ISP throttling are significantly reduced.
How To Fix Destiny 2 Lag, Ping & Connectivity Issues
Here are a few additional methods that may help enhance your Destiny 2 gaming experience, including solutions for fixing lagging, pinging and connectivity issues:
Update Your Network Drivers
First and foremost in solving gaming issues is updating network drivers. If your graphics card drivers have become outdated or corrupted, resulting in low FPS issues; to remedy this, simply update them using these instructions:
- Click Start > Device Manager and access this section of Windows 10.
- Double-click Display Adapters to expand this category.
- Right-click your graphics driver, then click Update Drivers.
- On the next window, select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for Windows and then search for driver software.
- Once found, follow the onscreen instructions to update your graphics card.
Clear the Game’s Cache
Destiny 2: Lightfall’s cache can become corrupted over time, leading to FPS drops and lagging issues. In order to resolve these problems, delete and clear out its cache using these steps:
- Open Run and paste %appdata%.
- Once you’re done, click OK.
- Search for the Bungie folder.
- Enter it and then delete the DestinyPC folder.
Close Background Applications
If Destiny 2 has been randomly stuttering, freezing, or crashing for you recently, one possible explanation could be unnecessary programs and applications running in the background that consume significant system resources – keeping RAM available to run smooth gameplay – but instead may be using up RAM with their background apps running – here’s how you can stop those pesky apps:
- Launch Task Manager and add tasks.
- As soon as the page loads, you will automatically be taken to the processes tab.
- Simply right-click any processes currently running and choose End Task from their right-click context menus to complete their cessation.
- Now you can launch and continue playing Destiny 2.
Enable Game Mode in Windows 11
If you use Windows 11, this tip may prove invaluable if you’re experiencing gaming and performance issues when using Destiny 2. Enabling Game Mode will boost the performance of Destiny 2, making your experience smoother overall. Activating Game Mode on PC helps boost its performance; here’s how you do it:
- Type Game Mode on the search bar of Windows.
- Click on it to enable the option.
Set the Computer As High Performance Under Power Options
Establish the optimal gaming experience by configuring your PC to high performance under power options. Simply click on the battery icon from your taskbar, move the slider so it lands at “Maximum”, and you are good to go!
Update Windows Performance Settings
Windows normally operates in balanced mode, limiting hardware performance for optimal gaming experiences. To guarantee smooth and seamless performance for high-intensity gaming sessions, make sure that you update Windows’ power options to increase overall system performance – here’s how it works:
- Press Win + X and then Power Options.
- Scroll down, and then select Additional power settings under Related settings.
- Simply select “Create a Power Plan”.
- Prior to clicking Next, choose High Performance and enter a Plan name before clicking Next.
- Once you have selected all of your settings, click “Create” on the next screen to complete.
Are You Facing Issues with Destiny 2? If you’re experiencing crashes and lags as well as freezing issues with Destiny 2, this guide offers effective strategies to overcome such difficulties for an uninterrupted gaming experience. Don’t give up; follow its steps outlined and see the magic for yourself!
- Best gaming TWS earbuds In India (Cheap Budget)
- How to check FPS on Roblox: Complete Process In 2024
- How to Unlock FPS unlocker roblox Limited frame Rate
- Watch More Movies and TV Shows for Free VPN
- GTA Online VPN: Best VPNs of 2024