Patch Notes for Horizon Forbidden West Update 1.18: Refined Bug Fixes and a Surprising New Face-Paint Option
Today marks the release of version 1.18 for Horizon: Forbidden West, which focuses mostly on fixing bugs. However, the Mark of Pride cosmetic enhancement is a wonderful touch. Take a look below, and we’ll give you a rundown of what’s new in Version 1.18.
Table of Contents
Horizon Forbidden West Update 1.18 Patch Notes
The Mark of Pride face paint is the most obvious change in the 1.18 patch notes for Horizon: Forbidden West. With this free cosmetic, Aloy may proudly display her tribal take on the pride flag. Painters in Scalding Spear, Thornmarsh, and The Bulwark all carry it.
The developers are now refining Horizon: Forbidden West, so most of the repairs and enhancements won’t be all that interesting until they directly effect you.
- The possibility that the Hunter Merchant might not be present in Thebes during the Main Quest “Faro’s Tomb” has been resolved.
- The cinematic that plays after completing the “Talk to the Tenakth Marshal” goal of the main quest “The Embassy” no longer has stray weapons.
- This bug has been fixed in the main quest “The Kulrut,” in which Hekarro was unable to advance because he was stuck behind an unseen wall while perfecting his pantomime.
- Issues preventing players from entering or leaving The Base have been resolved.
- There is no longer any chance for a Kotallo callout to play within The Base if Kotallo is not currently there.
- After completing the optional quest “The Roots that Bind,” we have decided to preserve the Riverhymn town marker Horizon Forbidden West Update.
- The Broken Locks Errand Quest may now be initiated by speaking with Porguf, who previously did not provide the opportunity to do so.
- The bug that allowed players to ride their ground horse into a lake in the side quest “The Deluge” has been fixed.
- We’ve resolved an issue in the “Signal Spike” side quest where the player was stuck after completing the “Search the Canyon for the Source of the Signal” task.
- We’ve fixed a bug that prevented the Herbalist in Chainscrape from being interactable before finishing the side quest “The Bristlebacks.”
- The problem where the “Mine Launchers” side quest in Salvage Contracts may become unplayable if the player had set Custom Difficulty Settings to Easy Loot has been resolved.
- We took care of an issue where getting the Oseram Artificer outfit twice was possible after finishing all Salvage Contracts in New Game Plus.
- In the Rebel Camp “Devil’s Grasp,” we fixed a bug that prevented players from completing “Search the Command Center” after loading a previous save.
- The bug where the “Destroy the Weapon Caches” objective in the Rebel Camp “The Hive” wouldn’t update after clearing out all the caches has been fixed.
- A bug was fixed in which the Bunker Key would not drop from the Rebel Champion if the player left the “Breached Rock” rebel camp after murdering its inmates.
- Shadow flickering in a Cauldron CHI puzzle chamber has been fixed.
- Improved Machine Strike so that pieces with the Sweep Skill no longer have their health increase to 255 before dying.
- After clearing out all of the Rebel Camps, fixing an issue where players were locked at 99.42% completion.
- It’s time to take off once again! Corrected an issue where finishing the Gauntlet Run “Cliffs of the Cry” would cause the player to be launched into the air.
- Fixed a bug in which starting a New Game+ with the Ancestor’s Return weapon would prevent the player from completing “Relics From Ruins.”
- Sunken Cavern, “The Shining Wastes,” no longer causes the player to get stranded in the water if they swim over to explore an Oseram corpse.
- Repaired a subterranean Supply Cache in Las Vegas that has become inaccessible.
- Subterranean Supply Cache northeast of Rebel Outpost “Stillsands South” has been repaired.
- The problem with Audio Datapoints being cut short on certain player actions has been fixed.
- Due to Veter’s inactivity, Audio Datapoint 37 could not be gathered, however this has already been corrected.
- Have the Machines Got Their Arrows Aiming? For battles taking place in wooded areas, we increased the Dreadwing’s aggression.
- Extra visual effects for the “Shatter Swing” and “Laser Blast” attacks used by Tremortusk and Thunderjaw, respectively Horizon Forbidden West Update.
- It is no longer possible for a low-resolution, non-functional Thunderjaw to spawn at the Fall’s Edge area.
- A bug whereby the “Stalker Primary Nerve” was listed as a Loot for the Ravager’s Antenna has been fixed.
- The problem where the waypoint would be placed in Ravager regions rather than Stalker locations when a Job was set for the Stalker Primary Nerve has been fixed.
- We took care of a problem where the loot for Behemoth and Apex Behemoth was incorrectly listed as “Bellowback Primary Nerve,” instead of “Behemoth Primary Nerve.”
- The issue where the player’s flying mount would become stuck in Sheerside Climb has been fixed.
- Apex Shellsnapper Hearts are now properly counted as “Valuables to Sell,” even if they are utilised for upgrades.
- The problem where the job system wouldn’t lead the player to Apex machine components has been fixed.
- There is no longer any jittering of the projectile parable while aiming with a Blastsling weapon and turning the camera.
- Correction made to camera so that using Concentration zoom while using the regular zoom no longer causes an abrupt reversal.
- Correction made so that the Hunter Bow may now be upgraded in New Game+.
- Corrected the problem where Light Arrows from Carja’s Bane Level 4 dealt too little Tear damage.
- Updated the Rain of Sparks warrior bow so that its third-level upgrade no longer swaps its critical hit chance and multiple opponent damage benefits for one another Horizon Forbidden West Update.
- Fast moving out of a crawl space no longer prevents the player from using Melee Combat.
- Melee damage resistance drops from 50% to 35% at Toughened Valor Surge Level 3.
- Foragers are now cultivating medicinal waterweed.
- The bug where pressing the “Reset” button in Settings turned off the “Pickup Animation” was fixed.
- Quest Log’s Jobs option now correctly reflects the correct Job level instead of constantly showing “Level 1” for the Job description.
- Instances when a waypoint was marked at the location of a dormant quest are no longer rendered invisible in 3D space.
- Correction made to the out-of-sync subtitles during the opening credits.
- Issue in Machine Catalog where unscannable machines might be shown next to scanned ones has been fixed.
effectiveness and safety
- Enhanced TAA for PS4 and PS5’s Resolution Mode.
- Aloy’s armour model no longer jerks incessantly while playing in Balanced Mode.
- We’ve fixed an issue where the game’s geometry would seem blurry if the intro cutscene was skipped.
Pride Flag Face Paint was introduced as a “Mark of Pride.”
- It is no longer possible to start a new game in New Game Plus when using Activity Cards to initiate play, rather than the intended activity.
- The problem where Aloy’s “Auto Heal” option wouldn’t completely heal her after a brief break from fighting has been fixed.
- Issues where the player may fall through the ground or get trapped within geometry have been rectified.