Cobalt ore is the lowest level of hardmode ore. It can be found when an altar is first broken. When you destroy an altar for the fourth, seventh, tenth, etc. time, more will appear, but not as many as before. You need at least a Molten Pickaxe to mine Cobalt Ore. It can’t be hurt by any kind of explosion.
In place of cobalt ore, palladium ore may appear. It’s worth slightly more, and the tools and weapons you can craft with it have slightly better stats.
Table of Contents
Cobalt Ore: Trivia
- Actual Cobalt is a poisonous, magnetic metal (though it is actually a key part of vitamin B12, which is necessary for living beings and has extremely low toxicity). It is named after the Kobold, which was thought to be a mischievous spirit at the time. This is because its ores were hard to smelt and often gave off poisonous gases. Pure co-balt is the next element after iron on the periodic table. It is silvery in colour, but you will never find it in nature. It was mostly used in the past as a colourant, especially in glass and porcelain, because it turns a rich “cobalt blue” colour when combined with iron, nickel, and arsenic to make the compound smaltite. This made cobalt, along with lapis lazuli, one of the few minerals that could be used to make blue pigments, so it was a very valuable commodity.
- In the game, the Cobalt Naginata, Cobalt Armor, and the Co-balt Sword, which looks like a katana, are all Japanese-themed.
- The inventory sprite for Co-balt Ore is the same as that for Adamantite Ore, but it is rotated and coloured blue.
- Even though it is named after and looks like the material, the Co-balt Shield cannot be made from ore or bars.
How to find cobalt terraria?
The lowest quality hardmode ore is cobalt. After the initial destruction of an altar, it will be exposed.
Cobalt Ore: Remarks
Cobalt ore can be found in the Underground and Cavern layers at any depth.
- Spectre Boots Terraria: How to make Spectre Boots In Terraria?
- Ark Bug Repellent: Uses, Spoil Times and More
- Ark Feeding Trough: Range, Usage, Construction and More
- Ark Terror Bird: How to tame the Terror Bird in ARK?
- Ark Air Conditioner: Usage, Construction, Range and More
If you read the information above, it will help you understand the “Cobalt Ore” much better. Please share your thoughts and questions with us in the box provided. Don’t be shy about asking for assistance if you feel you need it.