Windows 10 s download: Microsoft indicated a few months ago that it would fight Google’s Chrome OS with Windows 10 S. The reduced version of Windows that came out with the Surface Laptop is largely aimed at educational organizations.
Windows 10 S, which is built on the same foundation as Windows 10 Pro, is intended to be faster, more secure, lighter, and have a longer battery life than its siblings.
Although the standalone release is still a few months away, Microsoft has recently made the next member of the Windows family accessible for download and testing by developers and IT professionals.
The business has now provided a self-installer app that lets you try Windows 10 S on your existing Windows 10 devices. If you want to try out Microsoft’s latest offering, here’s how to download and install Windows 10 S on your PC.
Table of Contents
What Is Windows 10 S?
The school industry is the primary focus of Windows 10 S 2023. In academic institutions, there is always a requirement for a lightweight operating system that can function on both new and old devices without trouble.
Only fully optimized apps downloaded from the Windows Store use as few system resources as possible, ensuring smooth operation on devices with lower hardware configurations.
The primary goal of Windows 10 S is to provide a Google ChromeOS alternative on notebooks, tablets, and low-cost PCs.
Use the Windows 10 S Installer Tool to install Windows 10 S.
- Before you begin, make a backup of all of your vital data and connect your computer to the internet.
- Run the Windows 10 S Installer that you may get here. To continue, click the “Next” button. Start the Windows 10 S Installer
- After you click Next, the system will check to see if your hardware is compatible with Windows 10 S, that is, if it matches the basic requirements. To proceed, click the “Next” button if your machine matches the prerequisites. Requirements for the Windows 10 S Installer Checklist
- The installation is now complete. After you’ve downloaded the Windows 10 S files to your computer, you may start installing it on your device. You can continue to use the system to surf the web or accomplish other chores. To put the setup in the background, simply click the “Minimize” button.
- Once the setup is complete, you will need to restart your device. To restart your device, click the “Restart Now” option.
- Your computer will now reboot. You’ll be met with a blue screen when you boot up, which will start the installation process. During the installation, your system will restart several times. To avoid any problems, make sure the system is linked to a power outlet.
- The computer will restart on its own once Windows 10 S has been installed. You’ll be taken to the setup page, which is identical to the one you’ll see during a standard Windows 10 installation, where you’ll be asked to connect to a WiFi network, log in with your existing account or create a new one, and configure other Windows settings. When you’re finished, click the “Next” button to complete the installation.
- Your computer will now start up in Windows 10 S mode. Simply log in with your username and password, and you’re ready to go.
Windows 10 S Review:
- Consider this scenario: your regular work routine hinges around the use of third-party applications and tools. In such a scenario, you should go for Windows 10 instead of Windows 10 S because the latter does not accept third-party programs.
- However, in educational settings, where usage needs are typically lower than in most professional contexts, this limitation should not be an issue.
- The lightweight OS may not support all of the attachments and peripheral devices that you’d expect on a Windows-based computer.
Windows 10 S Best Features:
- Faster log-in time
- Quick boot
- Save on USB flash drives
- Automatic detection of potential issues
- Auto-configuration to fix problems
- Free Minecraft education edition
- Office 365 education version with complete package purchase
- Microsoft Team available for free
The Redmond tech giant is giving away free copies of Windows 10 S to schools with devices that are currently running Windows 10 Pro.
For a small charge, Windows 10 S devices can only run desktop-only apps downloaded from the Windows 10 Store.
Anyone without an MSDN account can get Windows 10 S by downloading the ISO file from the sites below.
Official Windows 10 S ISO For PC And Laptop Download:
Users of Windows 10 Home are ineligible for Windows 10 S. Upgrades to the latest Windows 10 S are compatible with computers running Windows 10 Pro, Pro Education, Education, or Enterprise editions.
If all conditions are met, the installation process will go smoothly. Users who downloaded Windows 10 ISOs following the MSDN release can activate their copies right away.
Microsoft advises users to make sure all drivers are up-to-date and compatible in order to ensure error-free operation in the future.
As we know Windows 10 S is more secure, but the added protection often comes at the expense of usability, so be aware of the choices. The Windows 10 S mode, on the other hand, adds a layer of secrecy that is appropriate for usage in educational institutions and businesses.
If you’re unhappy with Windows 10 S, you may upgrade to the full version of Windows 10 by following a few simple steps rather than having to reinstall everything.
Our goal is not to promote hacking; rather, the blog’s goal is to provide and educate users on a wide range of topics. But if you want to do it, do it at your own risk and accept responsibility. We will not be responsible for any losses. If having any query comment below.
Read also: Download itunes in windows 10.