Voice Chat not working error in Overwatch 2: Overwatch 2 has a large player base and server issues. These issues could affect gaming systems like voice chat. The client may have a mismatched setting.
Overwatch 2’s “voice chat isn’t working” issue has several solutions. These quick fixes can get teammates chatting again.
Table of Contents
Voice Chat not working error in Overwatch 2
Fixes for PC
Try one of these ways to fix the problem on your PC:
With Bluetooth devices, voice chat in Overwatch 2 might not work as intended. Switch to accessories with wires to see if this is the problem.
Try plugging and unplugging your headphones.
- Reset the game’s settings to their original state.
- To do this, open the Battle.net app and click on the COG icon next to the Play button on Overwatch 2.
- In the Overwatch game settings, choose Reset In-Game Options > Reset, then Done.
- Check the volume and microphone settings on your system. It should be able to figure out which audio device your microphone is using.
- Update your system and graphics drivers. Make sure Windows is up-to-date for the best gaming experience.
- If you use Parental Controls on Battle.net, make sure to enable voice separately.
- Make sure the problem isn’t your internet connection.
- Close any background apps that are causing problems (like Discord) and see if the problem still happens.
- Check the sound settings while you are in the game.
- Go to Options > Sound and check if Group Voice Chat and Team Voice Chat are set to Auto Join.
Fixes for console
- Make sure you are not muted in the game by checking the settings.
- Check to see if your Xbox, PSN, or Battle.net account is blocked by parental controls. If so, turn on voice to solve the problem.
- Unplug any extra accessories to make sure there won’t be any problems.
- Try putting any custom button mappings back to how they were before.
If none of the above methods fix your issue, it’s likely an internal error that needs official attention. If so, wait for Blizzard to fix it.