There are different causes why one might want to format a single partition on an Itel P32. One such example is when your device is FRP locked, all you need do is to format only FRP partition OR maybe you need to perform a factory reset but you are unable to boot into recovery mode for some weird unknown reasons, all you need is to format user data and cache partitions. The method below will show how we can do this.
Requirements to format one single partition on my Itel P32:-
- Supported Phone: Itel P32
- Charge your mobile: You may no less than a half charge.
- Laptop or PC: To execute this installation, you must use a PC or Laptop.
Itel P32 FRP Tool, Drivers and Itel P32 FRP Reset File
File Name:-Itel P32 Frp Unlock by officialroms.zip
File Size: 2.0 MB
SP Flash Tool Free Download (All Versions)
File Size: 1.3 GB
MTK Driver Auto Installer (all versions) Download
File Size: 12 MB
How to Format a Single Partition of Itel P32:
- The steps below explain how to format a single partition of an Itel P32 using SP flash tool.
- Extract the content of the SP flash tool zip file and Launch SP flash tool.
- Select the scatter file for your device by clicking choose besides the scatter-loading file’s dropdown bar.
- In the windows that appear next, navigate to and select the Itel P32 scatter file.
- You should now be taken back to the SP flash tool window, Click on the Format tab.
- Tick the checkbox beside “Manual format flash”
- Open windows explorer and navigate to the location of the scatter file you selected earlier on then open it using Notepad++
- Scroll down the contents of the scatter file till you get to the partition you wish to format [in my case, I’m trying to format FRP partition]
- Input the values of Linear_start addr and partition_size into SP flash tool then Click on Start
Linear_start addr = Begin Address
partition_size = Format Length
- Power off the phone (with the battery in) then connect to the PC via a USB cord. Once successful, you should get a green tick.
- Now you can boot up the Itel P32 Frp Unlock.
- Once SP flash tool has detected your device, avoid disconnecting till the task is complete as this might cause the Itel P32 to go dead.
- If you accidentally selected “Autoformat – Format all”, your device will go dead and you’ll need to flash full Itel P32 stock ROM to revive the phone.
- Avoid using a random Itel P32 scatter file (even though its for your chipset) in Sp flash tool. Just because a scatter file is for your chipset doesn’t mean it contains the same partition info. Formatting with a wrong scatter file could result in more problems than you initially intended to fix.
- SP flash tool was created by MediaTek Inc. so credits to them for the tool.