COD Full Form: In its full form, COD stands for Cash on Delivery or Collect on Delivery. COD is a term for a financial or monetary transaction in which the consumer pays for goods or services bought by mail order when they are delivered instead of in advance. For whatever reason, the items are returned to the retailer if the customer does not pay for them at the time of delivery.
Table of Contents
COD Full Form
The phrase “Cash on Delivery” initially related only to cash payments, but as other modes of payment have become more widespread, such as transactions by check, debit, or credit card, the word “cash” has been substituted with the word “collect.” Customers benefit from cash on delivery since they do not require a credit card to buy, and impulse purchases may increase because payment is not due at the time of ordering. cash on delivery is still a popular option for internet-based shops in several countries because it is much faster to set up for small firms and does not require the buyer to have a credit card.
COD full form for every terms
|Cash on delivery||Business Trade||COD|
|Call of Duty||Computing Games & Entertainment||COD|
|Chemical Oxygen Demand||Chemistry||COD|
|Congo, Democratic Republic of the||Country ISO Code||COD|
|Uupc Code Definition Table||File Type||COD|
|Datafile (forecast Plus – Ms Multiplan – Statpac Gold)||File Type||COD|
|Boxer/2 Printer Code Definition File||File Type||COD|
|Program Compiled Code||File Type||COD|
|Source Code In Assembler with Original C Code As Comments (ms C)||File Type||COD|
|Template Source File (dbase Application Generator)||File Type||COD|
|Videotext File||File Type||COD|
|CHHOTA GUDHA||Indian Railway Station||COD|
|Capacity On Demand||Chemistry||COD|
|Center Operations Directorate||Space Science||COD|
|Cockpit Only Deorbit||Space Science||COD|
|Cody/yellowstone (wy)||Airport Code||COD|
|Crash On Demand||Computer Assembly Language||COD|
|Compact Object Description||Database Management||COD|
|College of The Desert||Educational Institute||COD|
|College of Dupage||Educational Institute||COD|
|Central Ordinance Depot||Military and Defence||COD|
|Combat Operations Division||Military and Defence||COD|
What is COD and how does it work?
- This is the most convenient method of payment. The delivery agent collects the bill amount against an order from the consignee in cash once the consignment is delivered under this payment mechanism. The money is subsequently placed in the adjacent office of the e-commerce firm that sold the items. For both the buyer and the seller, this is one of the simplest, most convenient, and most gratifying payment methods.
- Furthermore, money processing is simplified and cumbersome processes are eliminated, making it even more convenient for the vendor. The proceeds of the sale are immediately realized, eliminating the potential for payment failure.
- Cash on delivery is a safer payment option for the buyer because it is completed only after the consignment is delivered and the buyer is pleased with the products. The buyer has the option to reject the package if it is damaged or delivered incorrectly.
Working process of COD
- The placement and execution of the order are both parts of this process. Once the product is delivered, the buyer processes payment to the provider. This procedure begins as soon as the order is placed.
- In most cases, e-commerce businesses transport sold products and consignments through their own internal logistics or contract a third-party logistics provider to deliver the consignment and collect payments.
- The consignment is sourced from a supplier after the order is submitted to the e-commerce company, and an invoice for cumulated delivery challenge is generated and connected to the consignment for convenient delivery.
- The cargo is then passed over to the logistics business, which is responsible for delivering the order to its destination and collecting payment. Moving on, the delivery man delivers the item to the buyer and gets payment in cash or by credit card at his doorstep.
- A card swiping machine is carried by the delivery executive for card payment. The agent deposits the collected amount in his office after collecting the invoiced amount, which the logistics business then hands over to the supplier after deducting the handling expenses.
Online Payment vs. Cash on Delivery
- Cash on delivery is straightforward, easy, and convenient because it does not necessitate any prior knowledge of information technology. In addition, there is no banking medium involved in the cash-on-delivery payment method. Because payment is made immediately after the goods are delivered, it is more acceptable, reliable, and satisfying.
- While online payment is substantially faster, it does require third-party intervention and runs the risk of payment interruption if the payment gateway halts or becomes stopped at any stage. Only those customers who are well-versed in technology should use this. It is less expensive for both sellers and buyers since it eliminates the cost of a collection agent who delivers the merchandise on the seller’s behalf, and it provides numerous discounts and offers in online payments for buyers. Furthermore, money obtained today is always more valuable than money acquired later (considering the time value of money).
- The most crucial aspect of cash on delivery is trust. The merchandise is evaluated and checked after it arrives at the customer’s doorstep, and only then is the payment finalized. Cash on delivery is a service provided by all of the main e-commerce companies, including Amazon.
- These transactions are simple because all you have to do is hand over cash and take the product. There are no third parties involved in the transaction between the buyer and the vendor.
- If the consumer is dissatisfied with the product, it may be readily returned, and the money deposited back into the bank.
- Because online payment methods like net banking, credit cards, and debit cards are more vulnerable to fraud, they turn out to be less secure payment choices.
- There is no online payment fraud — this is the safest method of payment. The usage of sensitive financial information such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, and debit card numbers in public domains is not required.
- Payment Convenience: Payment is only made after the product has been delivered. The money does not remain in the seller’s possession. If a product is defective or damaged, the consumer can return it for a refund without incurring any additional costs.
- There is no requirement for a customer to have a credit or debit card, or even a bank account, to make a transaction.
- When a consumer returns a product without paying for it, the seller is more vulnerable to losses, including the cost of delivering the product, which is borne by the seller.
- More Expensive: When choosing cod, courier firms charge an additional fee. This expense is proving to be too much for the vendor to handle.
- Suspicious Orders—As a kind of vandalism, someone may place phony cash-on-delivery orders with the wrong address.
It can be characterized as a style of payment in which the buyer makes payment for items only after getting them at his or her doorstep.
Typically, the seller either has a warehouse in-house or has a relationship with a courier firm that delivers items to the buyer, who collects them after the sale process and deposits them into the seller’s bank account after subtracting its fees. This is a more convenient, easy, and safe way to process payments, but it raises the costs for the seller, which cuts into their earnings.