How to Make the iPhone 12 Show its Battery Percentage: Find out how to check the remaining battery life on your iPhone 12 and add a widget that displays that information directly on your home screen. This is no longer the case, however, with the introduction of the iPhone 12. Apple has taken away the option to see the exact percentage of battery life left next to the battery icon.
Find out how to display the iPhone 12’s battery percentage by reading this article. This article also discusses displaying the iPhone’s battery percentage on a widget so that the information is constantly available to the user. This allows the user to keep track of their battery life at all times.
Table of Contents
Show Battery Percentage on the iPhone 12: Step wise process
In previous iOS versions, you had to activate the battery percentage option to view this data. Certainly not on iOS 12! These days, if you know where to look, you can always see what percentage of battery life is left.
- The Control Center in iOS may be accessed by swiping down from the top right corner of the screen on an iPhone 12.
- The battery % is displayed in the top right corner of the screen next to the battery icon. Your iPhone 12 has this much juice left.
- To hide Control Center once more, swipe up or tap anywhere outside of the interface.
If that is the only thing you are concerned about, there is no reason for you to do anything other than check the percentage of the battery every so often. A widget can be added to the home screen to provide constant updates on the battery life.
Tips for Adding a Battery Widget to iOS 12
iOS 14, which is preinstalled on the iPhone 12, includes widgets that allow you to display the phone’s battery life on the home screen.
- To get the icons to jiggle, tap and hold the screen for a few seconds.
- Tap +.
- Select Batteries from the available widgets menu.
- Pick a widget format that best suits your needs. Using a back and forth motion, you can browse the available choices. If you have any other Apple gadgets, such an Apple Watch or AirPods, paired with your phone, the Batteries widget will show you their current charge levels as well.
How to Get Siri to Show Your iPhone’s Battery Percentage When You Ask
If you’re a regular user of Siri, you can just ask one of the following questions to find out how much juice is left on your iPhone.
- Hey Siri, what is my battery percentage?
- Hey Siri, How much battery do I have left?
- Hey Siri, Battery Status?
- Hey Siri, Battery Charged?
Your query about permanently viewing the iPhone’s battery life indicator on the home screen has a simple solution.
These days, it’s not easy to be familiar with every single function your iPhone has added. The same holds true for an iPhone’s battery life indicator (iPhone battery Percentage Display).
Accessing the battery life indicator on an iPhone has become more complicated. The battery percentage on the iPhone’s home screen should now be displayed permanently if you’ve followed the steps outlined above.