The Witcher 3 PS5: Location and Rewards for Netflix Quest: When playing The Witcher 3 on PS5, where do I find the Netflix quest? In the ‘next-gen’ update for The Witcher 3, a new quest has been included. It’s only available on the PS5 version of the game and has connections to Netflix’s The Witcher series.
This The Witcher 3 guide will explain how to access the quest and what you may expect to gain from completing it.
Table of Contents
The Witcher 3 PS5: Location and Rewards for Netflix Quest
The Witcher 3 PS5 Netflix Quest Location
The so-called Netflix quest is in Velen, at a place that has always been in the game but has never had a quest tied to it until now. The quest is called “In The Eternal Fire’s Shadow,” and the recommended level is 15.
To get to level 15 or so, you’ll probably need to do a few quests in Velen. This means that the Netflix quest may be too hard if you go there as soon as you enter Velen, very early in the game.
Here’s where the quest is located on the map:
The Witcher 3 PS5: Rewards for Netflix Quest
After you finish “In the Eternal Fire’s Shadow,” you’ll be able to use all of the Forgotten Wolven crafting diagrams. Before Geralt can wear any of this gear, he needs to be level 20.
Medium armor is what the Forgotten Wolven set is. It was made to look like Geralt’s armor from The Witcher on Netflix.
Here are some of its rewards:
- Bonus for 3 pieces: Makes potions last longer. With each piece of the set, the bonus goes up by 7%.
- Bonus if you buy 6: When an enemy is hurt by Yrden, Aard does more damage.
After you finish In the Eternal Fire’s Shadow, you can also start a second quest. Later in the game, you have to go to Kaer Morhen and collect more diagrams that can be used to improve the Forgotten Wolven gear.
Walkthrough of the The Witcher 3 PS5 Netflix Quest
In the Shadow of the Eternal Fire is a fairly simple quest, but it is quite long and will take you at least 30 minutes to finish.
The structure of the quest has been broken down into bullet points, which you can see below.
- Talk to the Eternal Fire priest outside the Devil’s Pit and agree to help him.
- Fight your way through the bandits and head down to the Pit’s lowest level.
- Large wooden doors lead into the mine.
- Follow the straight path through the mine and pick up treasure and read the notes as you go.
- When you reach a room with no one in it, you’ll have to fight four plague victims who are now cursed and can’t die. They are stronger than normal human enemies, but they attack in the same way.
- Keep going through the tunnels and read any notes you find along the way.
- In the end, you’ll find a small room with a note that starts a cutscene.
- Check the bestiary to see what the Red Miasmal is, and then make Reinald’s potion. You can’t use this potion yet—a it’s quest item that will stay in your inventory.
- Follow the tunnels to the last room and use Aard to free Reinald from his prison.
- In the next dialogue, you can get rid of “Reinald” by choosing the bottom option.
- Don’t give Reinald the potion unless you want him to be stronger in the fight that is about to happen.
- Fight and beat Reinald. He is aggressive, and if you keep attacking him, he will use a Quen shield to hurt you.
- When you can beat the second boss, try to block his sword swings. If you can avoid the monster’s ranged fire attacks, this fight should be pretty easy. Keep an eye out for the plague victims who have been called.
- In the dialogue that comes next, the way this quest ends will depend on what you choose. Reinald will give Geralt plans for making things, no matter what happens next.