If you unlock the bootloader you may void the warranty. By Unlocking Bootloader you can install TWRP, Flash Rooting Zip file or custom ROM on your phone. Read more What is unlocking below. Follow this guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi 5 and 5 Plus. Try this only on Redmi 5 and 5 Plus smartphone. This method to unlock bootloader on Redmi 5 and 5 Plus is simple to follow. But please do read the steps below carefully.
Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. By doing this, you will lose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful.
What you need To Bootloader Unlock:
- Laptop or PC
- Charge your phone for at least 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later
- Working USB Cable
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it
- Download Mi Flash Tool – Click Here To Start Download
How to Unlock Bootloader On Redmi 5 and 5 Plus:
- To Unlock Bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi 5 and 5 Plus, You need to download the Mi Flash Tool First
- Extract the downloaded file MiFlashTool Zip
- Now Open the MiFlashUnlock from the folder that you extracted.
- Now Open run administrator open MiFlashUnlock Tool.
- Click on Agree
Now you will be asked to Log in. Log in with your Mi Account, If you don’t have one then Sign UP – CLICK HERE to Sign Up
After Login, the validation process will start and you will get a message that “Your device is not Supported”. Don’t worry! Now Click the “Go” button and it will take the pagehttp://en.miui.com/unlock/
- You will see a blue screen in the page with text UNLOCK YOUR MI DEVICE
- Click the Unlock Now button
- In the browser you will be asked to log in with Mi Account again, So log in and Fill your details with your Mobile Number
- You will receive an OTP for verification on your phone.
- Enter the OTP number on the browser to complete the process.
- You need to wait until your application is accepted.
- When your Application approved you will again receive an OTP in your registered phone number
- Now confirm the OTP number on the Unlocking screen
- You are almost don. Now you will have the ability to Unlock your device from MiFlashTool.
- Open the MiflashTool from the extracted folder and now you should have the permission to unlock the phone .
- Once your phone Will connected the Unlock button will become active.
- Simply Click on Unlock and your bootloader will unlocked and Start Flashing custom recovery Custom Rom and more.