Asus Zenfone 6 is the latest device from Asus which brings the Stock Android experience with less bloatware like OxygenOS from OnePlus. The device sports a flagship specs at a mid-range price. It is one of the new class of attention-grabbing models with a little different to others you’ll find on shelves in 2019. If you are looking to install new Asus ZenFone 6 Software Update, then you are at the right place. Check out the latest software update for the device here.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software update manually?
The OTA (over the air) usually comes to your device automatically but there is no guarantee how long it would take you to receive the OTA individually. This means even if the update is available in some parts of your region, you may not get to see it for weeks due to phase-wise roll out. So, the alternative way is to search for the software on your own. To do it,
- In your phone Settings > General > About phone > Update Center.
- Then tap on System update> Check for update.
- If any new update shows, then tap on Download.
The software may weigh a lot in size. So, the ideal way is to find and connect to a Wi-Fi network. Then download the OTA via Wi-Fi. It will save your carrier data charges. Your Asus ZenFone 6 must have at least 50% or more before installing the new security update.
Download WW-16.1220.1906.174 Asus ZenFone 6 Software Update Asus 6Z
Device Name:Asus ZenFone 6Z
Baseband Version: WW-16.1220.1906.174
Security Patch Level: 2019-06 (June)
Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Size: 1.42 GB
How to Install Update on Asus ZenFone 6.?
We have to follow the regular method and use the Odin tool to install the new stock firmware on Asus ZenFone 6. We have put up the tutorial below which will help you install the latest stock firmware on your phone. Do make sure to check the guidelines before you install the new update.
- Supported for Asus ZenFone 6 [ZS630KL]
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Your device must be running on Stock ROM (for method 1)
- Before upgrading, take a complete backup of your data.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery:
- Download the firmware WW-16.1220.1906.174 from the above download section and move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait for some time as the installation process completes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process. That’s it.
officialroms will not be responsible for software or hardware issues with your phone due to installing any non-official firmware. Follow this guide at your own risk.