Asus has started rolling a new firmware update for Asus ZenFone Max M2 (ZB633KL) which includes the latest June 2019 Security Patch and optimizes the system performance. The update baseband version number is WW-16.2018.1906.47 and rolling out via FOTA globally. The update weighs around 1.42 GB in size.
Asus has improved the device security features and improved the system performance of the Asus ZenFone Max M2 (ZB633KL). However, you can check for the software update manually from the device as well. But if you’re an advanced user and don’t want to wait for a long to get the automatic OTA, you can install it manually. The firmware with build number V16.2018.1906.47 is currently available for download officially.
Check for FOTA Update Manually
The FOTA update for Asus devices usually comes automatically but it may take some time depends on the device model and IMEI number. So, you can also manually check for the FOTA update on your handset:
- Go to the device Settings > General > About phone > Update Center.
- Then tap on System update> Check for update.
- If the update available on your device, then tap on Download.
We will always recommend you to connect your device to the Wi-Fi network and keep your device charged up to 50% or more.
ReadMe:-ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 Firmware update .056 July 2019-ZB601KL
ASUS ZenFone Max M2 ZB633KL Firmware Update
Here are the details of the firmware which brings the latest security patch for Asus ZenFone Max M2.
Device Name: Asus ZenFone Max M2
Baseband Version: WW-16.2018.1906.47
Security Patch Level: 2019-06 (June)
Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Size: 1.42 GB
Steps to Install Update on Asus ZenFone Max M2 (WW-16.2018.1906.47)
We have mentioned the full detailed guide on how to flash the Stock ROM on any Asus device via Odin Tool. But make sure to follow all the requirements properly.
- The WW-16.2018.1906.47 File is only for Asus ZenFone Max M2 [ZB633KL]. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% for the smoother process.
- Your device should run on official Stock Firmware.
- Take a complete backup of your data before doing anything else.
OfficialRoms will not be responsible for any kind of damages/issues with your phone during/after the firmware installation or following the guide. Do it at your own risk.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery
- Download the firmware file from the download link given above and move it to your device storage.
- Now, enter the device into the recovery mode.
- Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up and your device will boot into recovery mode.
- Now, in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Choose update.zip OTA firmware (V16.2018.1906.47) file which you’ve downloaded and moved earlier.
- Wait for some time to complete the installation process.
- Finally, reboot your phone to complete the process.
- You’re done.